The American actor, Val Kilmer, was one of the Hollywood seducers that almost all women dreamed of. He charmed the most handsome actresses and singers, and in addition to his appearance, he also attracted attention with his roles in numerous hit movies in the eighties and nineties.
Kilmer hasn’t taken off his mischievous smile for years, and although he lost due to illness and age, the facial features that secured him the main roles in movies and female affection, his positive energy continues to win.
The actor has been battling throat cancer for a long time, but he did not faint, but decided to describe everything in a new book. It is a memoir called “I’m Your Huckleberry”, which he recently published, in which he told everything about his life, but also about the fight against the disease that he hid for years.
Later on in the text the life story of Val Kilmer, famous actor!
Val was born in December 31. 1959 in Los Angeles. Although he hails from California, his parents had nothing to do with the entertainment industry, but he fell in love with acting as early as high school. He started acting in plays with his friend Kevin Spacey, and later enrolled in one of the most famous American conservatories, “Julliard”, where he was the youngest student in the drama section.
Because of his schooling, he moved to New York, where he began to seriously engage in theater acting. But his talent was recognized by agents and producers, and he soon landed a role in the spy comedy “Top Secret.” Hollywood fell in love with him in 1986 after playing a supporting role in “Top Gun,” but it seemed that he won’t get a chance to be the lead actor. This all changed in 1991 when he finally got the lead role in a film about the band “The Doors” in which he played the late musician Jim Morrison. While he was active, Kilmer didn’t like to talk about in private life. In acting circles, it was rumored that he was a great seducer, but he claims the opposite in his book.
He describes himself as an incorrigible romantic and that one break-up almost destroyed him. He loved Cindy Crawford, Cher and Michelle Pfeiffer, but the breakup with actress Daryl Hahn threw him to his knees. Although they were in a relationship for only a few months, the actor suffered for more than half a year after the breakup.
– God knows my heart has been broken many times. But, I knew that I loved her with all my heart and that I would have loved her for the rest of my life if she had allowed me – he wrote in his book. Unlike Daryl Hana, the situation with pop diva Cher, with whom he had been in a relationship for several years, was completely different.
– I didn’t want to meet her. She was not interesting to me at all, she seemed like a boring person who is constantly in the tabloids – Kilmer writes and continues:
– But, when I met her, I realized that she is one of the funniest people in the world. We were in a relationship for more than a year, until we decided that it would be best for us to remain just friends. And, his friend stayed with the actress Angelina Jolie, with whom he fell endlessly in love, but she was not overly interested in him. They met and became friends on the set of the film “Alexander” in 2004. Kilmer claims that he could hardly wait for the scene in which he would kiss her, but Jolie did not return her feelings. He was a great support to her as her mother battled cancer, but she never considered herself anything more than a friend. After the film was made, they didn’t even hang out anymore, and Jolie soon started a relationship with Brad Pitt.
He survived the battle with throat cancer with the help of friends from whom he distanced himself due to financial problems, and the diagnosis was revealed by actor Michael Douglas.
– The reason why Val Kilmer has not been in public for a long time is that he has cancer, the same type of cancer that I successfully beat – said the actor. Kilmer then denied this and said he had some sort of swelling in his neck making it difficult for him to breathe. Namely, sometime around 2015, due to bad investments, Val ran out of money, so he retired to a hut in Malibu where his only friends were a postman and a local salesman. He liked the image of a bum from the beach, but his life soon became a nightmare.
– I started coughing up blood clots, I was sure I was dying – the actor described the first symptoms. He called an ambulance, so he crawled to the road so that the ambulance could pick him up. Although the faith instilled in him by his parents does not allow him to be treated, at the urging of his ex-girlfriend, singer Cher, he underwent chemotherapy, after his tongue and lymph glands became swollen due to the disease, which made him unable to speak. In an interview with “Good Morning America”, which he recently gave via video call, he revealed that he feels much better.
– I feel much better than I sound. I was diagnosed with throat cancer, but I recovered quickly after the operation. What you hear is a tracheotomy that helps me breathe, because the glands in my throat are swollen – said the 60-year-old. In the same interview, he revealed that he will be back soon and acting. In the sequel to the movie “Top Gan”, he will play Iceman again, and many are already eagerly waiting to see the nice actor on the big screen again.
I hope you liked the biography of Val Kilmer?
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
For more motivational stories, you can visit https://motivationbymarco.com/